Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mason Jar Love.

I think if it was socially acceptable, I would decorate my entire house in Mason Jars, I love them so. But since that just wouldn't work...I find uses for them whenever I can!
Like to hold the soda tabs I "collect" (ahem, hoarder).
Or straws.
Or clothes pins.
Or pens.
Or....or....or...seriously. The list goes on and on.

So of course, I needed to add to that list and make something to hold the utensils above the stove.

Supplies:
This is a quick little project.
Firstly...tape the "handle" to the sides of the jar to hold it in place.
Then use little spots of hot glue to wrap the twine/jute around the neck of the jar.
 Untape the sides, and tie the handle on each side. Secure with a bit a hot glue. 
 And there you go! Somewhere fun to hang utensils. And flowers. I love dried flowers in mason jars, reminds me of a high school friends mom....she had dried flowers everywhere around her house.
(ok, written out, that memory seems kinda creepy)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

very cute idea! did you come up with this, or is this a replica off something from pinterest? i love it!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I've seen one like this on Pinterest...but made with wire. You know how I love twine/jute/whateveritscalled...so I tried my hand at that!