Saturday, March 22, 2008

Necessary Things

The only thing necessary for the triumph
of evil is for good men to do nothing.
-Edmund Burke
Just finished watching Tears of the Sun.....this quote was at the end of it. Very good movie, in my opinion...makes me tear up bigtime at the end. I always feel horrible when I watch movies or read about the terrible things that go on with the wars in Africa. My life seems small and insignificant when others life and die in such tragic circumstances. What can I do but pray?
Alma 34
27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you.
28 And now behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you, do not suppose that this is all; for after ye have done all these things, if ye turn away the needy, and the naked, and visit not the sick and afflicted, and impart of your substance, if ye have, to those who stand in need—I say unto you, if ye do not any of these things, behold, your prayer
is vain, and availeth you nothing, and ye are as hypocrites who do deny the faith.

No comments: