Sunday, June 15, 2008

Things I have learned from my Dad:

*You can never take too many pictures.
*Family prayer is important, whether your tired, cranky or in a rush....always make time for it.
*Pancakes are for breakfast, chocolate chip waffles are for dinner.
*Love and respect your mother above all things! With all she does for us, she doesn't deserve an attitude!
*Pancakes can come in many different colors!
*Disneyland ain't got nothin' on camping.
*Leaves are for jumping in.
*Raising girls isn't for the faint of heart.
*There is no "I" in team.
*Always pray before you leave on a trip.....and there must be a lesson to be learned from running out of gas.
*There isn't anything out there on the horizon thats not worth exploring (literally Ü).

And these are just the tip of the iceberg.

Dad...I have learned so much from you! I cherish the time we have spent together, since it's been so marginal as of late. I think back on my life and draw comfort from my memories of you. I remember seeing you at the sidelines of my basketball practices....soooo thankful that you weren't vocal like Laura Davidson's dad! Sometimes when I need it, I think back and see you cheering me on from the sidelines. The memories go on and on...some good...some bad. But they have made me what I am.

Because you listened to me...I knew I had something to say!
Because you believe in me.....I believe in myself!
Because you said I could do anything....I did.
So much of the good stuff in my life has started with you!

I hope you had a wonderful Father's day!

1 comment:

Emily said...

sarah your freakin gorgeous