Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The middle of the middle....

On Saturday, we went to this awesome theme park called.....
VALLEY FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIR!! (said with flair) It's a wonderful combination of rides, big and small, with a waterpark thrown in. A WHOLE day event. As you walk into the park....you are overcome with RIDES, RIDES, and more RIDES! And the best part....tons for the kiddos to do! Bella and Aube had a blast going on ride after ride.Two years ago, Bella and daddy went to Valley Faaaaaaaaair without me (due to work or some such nonsense). And they both had their caricatures drawn to match mine! Well, this year was Aube's turn....it was quite boring, as you can see...she dozed. I'll have to do a whole separate post with these cute caricatures! While Aube napped, the 'big kids' went and saw a Magic Comedy show....while we waited, Aube and I shared a FUNNEL CAKE (mmmmmmmmmm). I dream of these things sometimes...what's better than powdered sugar and fried dough? Yeah.
Nothing.Oh...and see this....I didn't ride it. Ü And as a matter of fact, the big-thrill-seekers of the group didn't either. Wonder why?

Topher won himself one big monkey!! Even Bella won herself a prize on the ping-pong game!
We spent the afternoon in the waterpark, I neglected to bring out the camera, for obvious reasons. I LOVE the lazy river, Raging Rapids and Hurricane falls (if my memory is right). We played late though, with Bella bringing us big kids back to reality with a "I'm hungry".
On our way out of the park that night, I saw myself a great "Kodak moment". Which, of course, this moron ruined:But in the end, with careful timing, I finally got it.Good thing this kid wanted to run out there and get soaked 5 or 6 times!
We had such a blast at the FAAAAAAAAAAAIR (had to sneak that in)...now I really want me some Disneyland!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Mmmmmmm...Funnel Cakes! Looks like a blast!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

They have one of those turns all the way over rides at Six Flags, it's uber fun!
And yeah, funnel cakes, mmm...

Krista said...

K....let's go to Disneyland;)

Cheree said...

Very cool. So – how exactly do you get little ones to take a nap at an amusement park? You veteran moms much teach me!

Anonymous said...

eventually they just get worn out. You can't really make them take a nap when there's so much going on, but it will catch up to them at some point.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

exactly...thanks "veteran mom" (ahem, James). They eventually just collapse where they are....Aube passed out in the stroller and Bella for a couple minutes in a chair waiting for a show to start! Then...its awesome b/c they sleep SOOOO good that night!

Ashley said...

Ooh fun! I love carnivals and fairs! I looooove funnel cakes even more. But, I haven't had one in years. The line is always so long.