Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bella turns 5!!!!

Yesterday was the big 5 for Miss Bella. I tried to make the day fabulous for her from beginning to end......I actually MADE her pancakes for breakfast, lol.
We knew we wanted to go have a birthday lunch with daddy...but I had been looking for ideas for the rest of the day. James suggested the Fort Worth Botanical Garden. This is somewhere I've ALWAYS wanted to go...but I thought it cost money! Nope, totally free (unless you want to go into the conservatory or the Japanese gardens)...even parking! And it was so much fun...we just wandered around for awhile.
The Birthday Girl....she was so happy...that, more than anything, made my heart soar! Wearing her shirt I made for her (the night before, but I'll talk about that later...lol).

Stopping to smell the roses....and oooooooh did they smell good!

The girls loved this bird bath with the two birdies kissing...every time we passed it they would get so excited.
I told you! She was HAPPY...at this particular moment, she was SO HAPPY that she got to see purple flowers.
This was my favorite area....I think they call it the Rose Ramp. It's not as in bloom as I can imagine it will be in the spring, but it's still just breath-taking. I think this picture of Bella is hilarious...it's like she's getting sprayed...lol.

I made several attempts to get pictures of the two of them...not much luck there. I ask Bella to say 'cheese' and you can really tell she's trying to say it!! And Aube...well, she refused to look at the camera...thanks, babe. But they are still cute...makes it easy to forgive!
We came to this crack with running water...it was maybe 6-7 inches wide...small enough to where you could totally jump over it. But the girls were just AMAZED by it...like it was the Grand Canyon, or something. Bella would ask "Can we walk IN it, Mommy?" Ummm....no.
So, they jumped...
And jumped....
My VERY favorite picture of the day.

Looking at the GINORMOUS Koi...at least I think that's what they were. Or just really big goldfish.
This isn't zoomed in...they were just huge.
Looking down from the top of the Rose Ramp.
After awhile, we left the Gardens and met daddy for lunch at the Purple Cow. The same place we took Bella to last year for her birthday.

Bella was quite excited to have purple Sprite (or grape Fanta, but she wouldn't hear of that).
And some purple ice cream...
Aube is more fond of all things orange.
After lunch....we went ahead and headed back to the Gardens! lol. There was time, so we explored some more.
They have this Texas boardwalk....the girls had fun at all the little stations, especially this one that showed all the birds and their songs.
Bella wanted to see an armadillo SO BAD...she saw a picture of it and kept looking for it everywhere. But she did get to see a snake...eeek. It slithered past us all non-chalantly down the steps. I LOVED this butterfly chair...so cute!
Watching the turtles.
We finally left the gardens and went home for naps. After we all woke up and were ready, we sat and waited for daddy to get home. During this time Bella got a phone call from Cinderella to wish her a happy birthday, she was SO excited! (And I took video, which I'll post later).
For dinner, we went to The Magic Time Machine restaurant. I've been excited to take the girls back here since we went back in the beginning of 2008 with Papa when he came to town. It was a little more ghetto than I remembered....and I was HOPING to get a princess waitress, since they knew our occasion was a 5 year old birthday. But nope...we got Lara Croft Tomb Raider (we think...still not sure...could just be some chick with a really bad British accent, dressed in black) even tho we did get Snow White bringing our food.
They sat us in a Tiki hut (which smelled a big like pee....maybe?).
At the end of the meal, all the characters crowded around to sing to Bella. Woody from Toy Story, Cap'n Jack, Snow White, Shaggy, Lara...and sing they did....handing us a big ole EMPTY plate. It was HILARIOUS....just not to a 5 year old. She was kinda like, What is this?!
Seriously, you can't find a little scoop of ice cream to give a kid!? lol.
Where's my cake?!
So James made the best of it...and they all had a their own slice of "cake".
Even with dinner being a bit of a flop (the steak did taste good, have to give them that...) it was a really fantastic day! I love to make my girls happy and I try to make their birthdays as special as possible.
Now we are getting geared up for their party next weekend...then on to Aube's birthday on the 18th!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think she had a fun day. The shirt turned out really good and I know they'll love the party. They're both lucky to have a mom that makes things special for them!

Krista said...

Ditto on what James said!! That sounds like a great day!! What a neat idea for a restaurant too...but sorry it was a bit of a bomb. Why would they give you an empty plate???
Happy Birthday Bella!

Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!!! We lOve you!! I'm glad she had such a good day! She's so beautiful!! :) Lovin' that curly hair and I'm alittle envious of it.. :)

Bell Family Blog said...

Cute Pictures! And I love Bella's shirt, your so talented! I have never been to the Botanical Gardens, but I've always wanted to, and it's free, man you can't beat that! I know if I took me girls Chloe would pick all the flowers. When we went to the Magic Time Machine we got Woody, but we just asked them to change us and give us a princess and they did. I still don't understand the whole plate thing, what were they thinking! Can't wait for the party next week, we are so excited!!

Lois Brown said...

looks like a fantastic birthday!!!! and happy birthday to Bella! Your making some mighty fine memories - gooooo Mom!

Jenny said...

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEE the Magic Time Machine! It is one of my all-time favorite restuarants. We used to go there for special occasions when I was a kid.

And that picture of Bella looking over the water--reminded me of the movie "Labyrynth"--you know, the beginning where she's dressed like a princess?

Jenni said...

Holy cow! Remind me to put you in charge of all my birthdays from now on. A bang up job, I must say!

Cheree said...

What a wonderful day! Looks like you all had tons of fun!
Can’t wait to see you all.

Valerie said...

Happy birthday to the adorable birthday girl! That phonecall video was cute too.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

What a fun birthday! I love going to the Botanical Gardens.