Thursday, March 11, 2010

Just because....

I thought of him a lot today....triggered by the smell of a bush. Odd, yes. But there is this bush outside of a store I frequent, and every time I walk by it, the smell reminds me of my PopPop and Gram's back patio. Swimming in the pool...bbq's....family get togethers....the pumpkin carving contest.

I borrowed this pic from my mom's blog post.
I love it because I remember that cute, squishy little Bella....with her hand on PopPop's knee, asking him about all the different kinds of fish. And it reminded me of how awesome he treated those great-grandkiddos...getting down on their level, taking the time to listen to their questions and get excited about small things such as fish. Ü
Have you called your grandma or grandpa or great-grandparents or mom or dad....anyone that you haven't spoken to in awhile but KNOW you should take a moment and call today? I think you should.
Just because....
Photobucket

2 comments:

Ashley said...

:) love ya chick!

MommaLove said...

You make me get all choked up! Thanks for your sweetness honey. Look at that cutie, she is such a bundle of pure joy!!!