Sunday, June 20, 2010

I know this dude....

...he's pretty dang cool.
Some may call him awesome.
Or a smart, creative man....
or they may mistake him for a Superhero from time to time...

He's definitely all those things...
but I just call him Dad.
He and my mom make this uncomparable duo...
She's able to do the things she does because of him and he is able to be the person he is because of her. And this and that, and that and this. As I watch them and their journey thru life, I am more and more impressed at the dedication and love they have for each other. One of my most favorite things about my dad is watching him talk about my mom. You can just tell that she is the light of his life. Never a harsh word said. When I was growing up, the thing I knew I would get in the most trouble for was talking or being mean to my mother.
I'm so grateful for him and the lessons he taught me early. It wasn't always what I wanted to hear at the time...but as I look back, I realize he was so totally right...don't you just love having those moments?! Ü
And then there's this other dude.
I could brag on him all day long...
funny, smart, friend, hero...and that's just what the girls think about him!
As we meet our obligations as fathers and leaders, we will help the next generation rise to their glorious future. They will be better than we are, just as you have tried to be even better parents than your parents and better leaders than the great ones who helped you.”
“It is my prayer that we will be determined to do better every day to prepare the rising generation.”
~Henry B. Eyring

I'm so grateful to have a feeling of partnership with James....he helps me be a better mother, and I hope I can help him be the father his children need him to be. Together we can work together to cultivate a spirit of Love in our home.

So...Happy Father's Day to two totally cool dudes in my life! <3

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I love the feelings that you prtray with your words and pictures.