Friday, January 15, 2010

Trying to win....and creating "Stained Glass Hearts"

One of my new fave blogs is BeingLDS and when I say new, I mean...just came across it like 3 days ago. Anyways..she is doing this '30 days for the Family (Proclamation)' where each day she teaches her children something from the Family Proclamation. A truly genius idea...esp after last years Primary theme focusing on the Proclamation. AND...it's full of such great stuff...important things to teach the children, even at the earliest stages.
SO....she is doing a giveaway...and one of the things she is giving away are the FABRIC LETTERS (eeee! I posted about them in one of my other recent posts). So in order to get another entry...I wanted to try one of the crafty things she posted about recently....Stained Glass Hearts. I loved this idea, thought it was way easy and put it on the backburner list of "things to do with my children, hopefully before Valentines day, but logically we'll do it right before the holiday and then I'll have hearts all over my house till St Patty's day" You know...THAT LIST. So this little giveaway gave me a quick kick in the pants to DO something with them today. I really wanted to, I just lack a bit of motivation on somedays.

They really are cute, aren't they?

Aube....the poor, dear, sweet thing....had to go and get sick this week. It's been coming...she's had this little cough since Tuesday...but she's acted fine. I think it finally caught up with her today because she's SO not fine anymore. Aube's a tough kiddo until she REALLY doesn't feel good, then she's a lay-around-on-the-couch-eating-goldfish-all-day-kinda kid.

So...Bella and I made some Stained Glass Hearts.

This little craft is super easy...First...you pick out the colors you want...Bella loooooves to tell me all about her favorite color(S)...yes, plural. Most days its: purple, pink, blue, grey (yes grey), brown and black. But it may change...and there is still a long 'ole list. Love it.

Peel off the wrappers...

Take a pencil sharpener and go to town with the crayon shavings. Have a piece of wax paper underneath to catch the shavings.

Add a piece of wax paper to the top and iron on low (forgot to take a pic, my bad). Then trace a heart onto the paper and cut away!

Give your heart a hug!!! Ü

We hung ours by the window...and hopefully we'll get some sun shining thru soon!


We even made A's and B's! Ü A cute start to our Valentine's day decorations!


Just an new FYI....or maybe it's not new, I dunno...but over on the blog Clover Lane...she gives a tutorial on how to make your pictures bigger THE EASY WAY. I guess Blogger updated their "Global settings" and you can add and edit your pictures one by one. I was confused at first...I uploaded, then hit 'ok' and only one picture popped up! Ugh...so I clicked the upload button again and all the pictures were still there...so I clicked on the next one I wanted, added it...if you hover over the picture it give you an option to change the size...and then repeat...SO COOL. Thanks much, Blogger!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Krista said...

Sorry Aube is sick!! That is a sad pic! Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon and that noone else gets it!! Love the hearts too:)