Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Belly Shot

I haven't taken any pictures of The Belly this pregnancy. Why? Well...it seemed quite pointless, since from the get-go I already looked 3-4 months along. So, it was kind of pointless. But here it is...2 more days and I'm 28 weeks...which I have been informed is the 3rd trimester Ü, even tho I have less than 3 months left (Doctors and their crazy formulas for pregnancy...). April 5th is induction day!
(Hello Ginormica...)

I may have all those complaints about being pregnant and life in general...but there's always two sides to every coin...because at the same time as being exhausted, I am LOVING being pregnant. I don't know what it is. I may be a grump from time to time and my kids may be driving me crazy...but I am SO happy and feel so blessed. I love being able to wear fat clothes constantly and people say "oh you look so cute" (haha...jokes on them). I love being able to just eat and not care. I love being able to take a nap and it be ok that my floors need vacuuming. I love this little boy, kicking me, nudging me....giving me massive heartburn. It's fantastic.

I sit sometimes and take a few moments to breathe (and let the tears pass) and I can envision him...and maybe it's just an image I saw on BabyCenter.com or whatever...but I feel this connection, and then he nudges me again. This morning, when I was doing my hair, I closed my eyes for a moment and I pictured myself looking down and kissing his beautiful head and rubbing that soft, soft hair. It was a marvelous moment and I couldn't help but smile.

12 comments:

Bell Family Blog said...

You do look cute Miss Sarah! Hey if it helps my doctor actually told me that pregnant women should avoid vacuuming especially in the last trimester....so take that for what its worth and make James vacuum. hahaha

Krista said...

Ahhh!! What a sweet post! You look so adorable! I love prego bellys!! I can't believe they already gave you an induction date. That's so cool! One day more and it would have been an awesome birthday:) Maybe they will induce you in the evening so you will have it on the 6th...lol! It's nice to know exactly how much time is left though. Yay!!

Jennifer said...

You are so stinkin adorable!!! :) :) :) And you're so sweet :) I'm so excited you're having your boy :) and cannot wait to see and meet this little man!! :)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Krista, don't talk about an overnight birth! Thats scary! I want to check in at 8am and be done by 1pm...just like Aube! lol...at least thats the way I'll be thinking!

Krista said...

Not overnight...just until 12:01!! LOL! You are always up that late anyways:) You know I'm joking. The 5th will be an awesome birthday. I'm just jealous that you know already. How did you pull that off so I can try it on my doc! He always waits until right then and says, ok...let induce tomorrow:)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I just told her I wanted to go early because my babies are big...like March 31st or April 1st to avoid Easter weekend. But she said that was a bit too early and suggested the 5th. I need it set early, I've got to coordinate mom's coming to stay with me!

Lois Brown said...

What a beautiful image you painted in our imaginations! Love it. If you were me you would have it right now....but I don't suggest it as it is too hard to have such a small baby and have to leave the hospital without your bably and visit it everyday in the ICU. Not fun. Hang in there your doing great!

Jenny said...

Look at your adorable baby belly! I should take a picture too--what a graet idea! I just loved reading this post.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Thx Lois! That would be such a hard thing to do!! It would be hard enough seeing the baby in the NICU...but having to leave him everyday, so sad! But thank goodness there is technology around to keep babies alive that are born so early!!

And Jenny...yes, your belly shot is overdue!! :)

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Hi Sarah - I love your blog name first of all ( my mom would too since she's a total Hershey's fanatic!)

Anyway, you do look beautiful, pregnant, not pregnant, whatever! I'm excited for you...and am looking forward to following you on your blog!

Thanks for visiting me on mine! You don't have a sewing machine??? Boohoo!!! :)

Krista said...

I didn't think of the traveling factor. That is so true. That is awesome that your doc would be willing to set a date for you. Are both moms coming at the same time?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

No, they are coming out separately...we are trying to rig it so that maximize the time and I've got help for a few weeks! yay :)