Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ragamuffins.

Something has happened to me lately...well...after child #3 made his debut is when it started happening. I used to make sure the girls ALWAYS matched, their clothes, their shoes, their hair accessories. I used to be a bit OCD about the little things, like Bella's hair and picking up after the girls...and maybe I still am (or just on Sundays Ü). But lately...none of that really matters...I figure I get points if we all survive the day! Plus, I'd rather sew or glue or stitch something than clean the bathroom!

So...it's not surprising that I walk outside to check on the girls and find this:
Having a nice little conversation with each other...sharing a bottle of water...hair a mess, faces a mess....eating peanuts OFF THE DRIVEWAY. Whoops.

I think they may have been discussing bugs at this point? I remember them having this conversation:
Aube: "Bella, there's an ant on your leg". Bella: "Oh! Hi, ant!!" {Mommy smacks the ant dead} Bella: "Mommy!!! I liked that ant!"
Cuh-RA-Zeeeeee. Mom lets us eat dirt! Yay!
Maybe seeing them eat off the dirt didn't phase me because I was too fascinated by shadows.
The heat is like a ba-zillion degrees these days and the sun is so flippin' bright...it's affecting me.
But you can find some pretty cool shadows if you take the time to look Ü.

3 comments:

Lois Brown said...

Good for you!!!! Number 3 is hard, I know people use to tell me that and I didn't believe them until I had my 3rd and then I too thought it was just amazing that we got places, who cares how or what we looked like...just there! ha! But they say 4 and 5 are easy again until 6....so there you go once you get use to 3 you might as well have 4 and 5!

Jennifer said...

I can't even imagine 3 right now! 2 is hard enough! :) And Cayden is usually a ragmuffin and dresses himself! Oh boy! :) Love ya!

Jenny said...

Um, can I just tell you how much I'm lovin' your posts lately? But I don't think your girlies look like ragamuffins at all! Dude, you should see the ragged little orphan boys in my house.