Friday, August 20, 2010

Each day is an adventure...

I know that sounds lame as a title for this post...but it really is, isn't it?? Unless you sit in your house all cooped up...then maybe its not so adventurous...but I know taking three children anywhere can cause me to hyperventilate at times...just like an adventure of climbing Mt Kilamanjaro something really tall. Or jumping out of an airplane. Yes....I compare outing with my children to death-defying feats. Ü

So...today's adventure was a trip to the Randol Mill Family Aquatic Center. It was so rad! How have I lived here for 3 summers and never gone there! Seriously!
Earlier in the week, some friends headed over there and we couldn't make it...but their kids said it was the best day of summer they have had...after that raving review, I couldn't wait to take my girls there. I almost didnt! I almost chickened out and took them to the baby splash park we have in our town...but I could SEE the joy on Bella's face, so I sucked it up and packed our bags and we hung out for 2 1/2 hours....just me and them.

And it was FUN. It's the kind of place that is small enough where I felt comfortable sending them off to play...while watching from the sidelines with Jax. Then also sending them off in different directions....

To ride this beauty....it was a "big" waterslide in my girlies eyes....
Bella rode it almost the ENTIRE time we were there...she'd keep coming back over to me and asking to ride it again and again, I finally had to tell her "just GO....and keeping GOING".

Of course, this girl was ticked that she wasn't tall enough to go down the slide. She surprised me (haha) by throwing a little fit...I didnt think chicken little would have it in her to go down a big old slide like that.
Don't let the smile fool ya...
Jax and I made it up to her, tho...we took her around the lazy river over and over again...lucky girl.
It's so nice when children act right and everyone can have fun....thanks, Jax...you rock, little dude.
We survived! (oh my gosh, I sound so dramatic...but you don't understand, I was actually scared!) And if we didnt all have little sunburns, we'd probably go back tomorrow (the last week day its open, sad!). But we have other things planned to make Bella's last week of freedom fun-digity.
How'd this picture get on here?
Silly phone...

Yes, you'll have to ignore the fuzzy pictures...I didnt have the heart to tote my fancy-schmancy camera all over creation...but James and I got new phones and I can actually take/send pictures!! It's a mini-miracle!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I don't remember being there. How'd you get a picture of me?

Julie said...

HA HA HA James.

I completely understand the scariness (i dont think that is a word) of taking all 3 kids someplace solo. No one has your back and you have two hands and three kids. Glad you did it and glad it was such a blast for you and your kids.

Krista said...

LOL James...and LOL Sarah!! Nice pic!
You aren't the only one that is scared to do that stuff. You are awesome! Especially at a water place! I'm glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

And why isn't he watching the water??

Bell Family Blog said...

Aw Sarah you're the best, your posts make me smile :) Im sad I didn't discover that water park with you, my girls would have loved it, I had heard people mention it before I just didn't do anything about it....dang it! Guess I will just have to come out and visit ya hehe Love the pictures, such cute kiddos! And Im so happy you finally got a camera phone, it's about time lol. I tried to make Emma's last week fun before she starts school next week too even amongst all the chaos we are going through. We went to Lagoon today with her cousins and they had a blast. Can't wait to show you the pictures. Love and miss you, Hugs!