Monday, October 27, 2014

Kirchy's go to the beach

 I was pretty determined to get to the beach this summer... we had made plans to go on an anniversary trip to the beach, but things just didn't work out. So, when Aubree made State and we learned it was being held in College Station, we decided to made the extra 2ish hour trip to Galveston for the weekend. We were over 1/2 way there, so why not!
We got in late the night before, but the kids were up nice and early the next day, ready to go!
We headed out to find a sunny spot on a beach somewhere.
Of course we drove past the Pier and they wanted to stay there all day...
The water is always super cold at first. But that didn't deter them for long.... soon enough they were swimming way out, much farther than my mommy heart could take!



The kids spent a good amount of time working on sand castles. 


My phone takes panorama pictures! 
I'm a sit-on-the-beach kind of beach lover.... I've never been big on swimming in anything but a pool. Too many scary movies, maybe? The creature from the black lagoon is surely going to grab my foot and pull me under. So, working on my tan and reading my book was bliss.
Bald guys don't fare so well in the sun... that beautiful noggin was quite burnt by the end of the day!























No comments: