Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What to say???

All day long I am thinking of things to write about on this blog...seriously....I want to make it interesting....but b/c I have this short term memory problem, I sit here at night and can't possibly think of ANYTHING interesting to write!! ICK!! So...if you have noticed, I will ramble for awhile, then finally get to something worthwhile at the end of my entry.
I do love this idea of blogging...I love to write in my journal, but haven't been able to b/c of late night working and Aubree still being in our room....can't and don't dare to turn on any light...she MUST sleep! I want to get them into a room together very soon....but do I dare take Bella out of her cage? She does so well sleeping there and STAYING there! I think I haven't moved her yet b/c I am deathly afraid of her not sleeping as well....and then having them wake each other up!!! I guess it will just take some getting used to, right??? It's hard to start anything right now....b/c timeI am leaving TX for a few weeks (YAY) to spend time with family in Las Vegas and Utah. Im so excited I could burst, which is why I keep mentioning it! I really really miss my family. I am scared that my little sister Hannah and Baby John will forget Im their sister and I'll become just some cool chick that visits once or twice a year!

I have been peeling wallpaper off my kitchen wall all day! It looks horrible, but I am ok with it b/c its one step closer to being the color I want it to be! It's a very time consuming, though....mainly b/c I am too cheap to buy or rent a steamer.
I have never removed wallpaper before....so I didnt know what to expect! But its THICK! So, I tried to score it, then spray the remover on it..but it only scraped off the top layer...so instead of wasting the precious remover spray, i decided to start peeling it off with my fingernails!!! I KNOW there has got to be an easier way to do this....but I figure that once I get that top layer peeled off, then I can score and put the remover on the bottom layer and it will peel of easy!! Keeping my fingers crossed.....
I dont know if I shared these pictures with any of you yet....but it cracks me up!! This was awhile ago...as you can see, Bella has dressed up in a Tshirt of mine....thankfully its on right this time...I have tons that are stretched at the neck b/c she likes to wear them as skirts! Anyways...she luvs her "stickus" (stickers) and is "sharing" with Aube...who is a very good sport! Good thing they were cheap stickers and come off easily...no pulling out of hair....which wouldnt be good since there isnt a lot to spare!
And as you can see....Bella thinks she is hilarious....as always!
Well....my little comedian, she can be very funny...in so many ways. It's just so funny that she drives her little car around the house with my cellphone to her ear and a sippee cup in the holder! Learning from the best there.....
She is just so funny when she puts stickers on the pulpit in church (b/c her parents were late and the only seat in the chapel was the VERY front)!! That was our first Sunday at our new ward in Grand Prairie....
Yes...hilarious!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Sarah, once again your kids make me smile! I am so glad that you get to see your family soon. I feel you there, it is hard to live here withput any family. I know you will have a great trip, but we will miss you when you are gone!

Missy said...

How is the ward over there in Grand Prairie? I always wonder what it would be like to be in another ward since we've been in 1st ward for SO LONG! We had an awful time with wallpaper in our condo. So much so that after trying (unsuccessfully) to remove it from our kitchen and master bath, we ended up re-texturizing and then painting the kitchen and just painting over it in the bathroom. It's AWFUL, so I hope you have better luck! (And use a pallet knife!)

Simply Sarah *K* said...

LOL Missy! I think after all is said and done, we will still have to put some texture on it and then paint! Im nicking it really bad! Thanks for the advice about the pallet knife...I will have to invest in one!
As for the new ward...it is nice. It not as 'young' as the 1st ward b/c not so many apartments! So, there is alot of grandma's and families with teenage children. Im hoping to get in good with them and find some good babysitters so James and I can finally go on a date!

Krista said...

All of your pics are so adorable. Keep them coming. Getting to the toddler bed isn't that bad. I was really nervous with Makenna too. She is such a good sleeper and I didn't want to mess that up. But we just made a big deal about getting a big girl bed, got her some new elmo sheets and she absolutely loves it. She sleeps just as good as before and waits until we come get her to get out of her bed. I was worried that she would be wondering all around her room. Just wait to put Aubree in the crib until you know she's good in her bed. You can always put her back in the crib. Can't wait to see you when you come to town. Miss you.