Monday, May 5, 2008

Don't touch that squirrels nuts

What is this a picture of?
Yes....that would be our TV....OFF!

OH! And what is this a picture of??
Yes....that would be an antenna.

We are back in the dark ages, people....all thanks to a stinker of a squirrel....James has more choice words to call it, but we'll keep this PG. I have talked about our squirrel attic before...2 weeks ago, we fogged the attic, then James covered the hole with chicken wire, assuming all the squirrels had vacated the area. That afternoon, we heard a familiar scratching! And yes...either there is another way in and out of our attic or that darned squirrel never left! Cause everyday at mid-morning, then in the afternoon....scratch, skitter, scratch! Talk about annoying.
So, James took more drastic steps by purchasing a "HavaHart" trap. He tested it out, laid the trap w/ nuts and peanut butter. A couple days later, we still hear the critter up there...so James checks the trap and the goodies he left on there were GONE and the trap had been set, but NO squirrel to be found! So...he put more PB mixed with some rat poison 2 nights ago...which was gone when checked today. Poor little critter...must have been quite thirsty and CHEWED THRU OUR SATELLITE CABLES! Thus...the pictures above....we are without TV.
Not the end of the world, yes I know...we can do without for 2 days...2 long...horribly long days. Ü
And of course...the squirrel is still up there...so James put out some PB with more rat poison tonite, and hopefully that takes care of the scratching and tearing up of my attic!!!!!!

15 comments:

Shannon said...

Ewww! Then you have to find the dead body so it doesn't stink up your attic! Yuckers! Good luck with getting the rodent :P

Unknown said...

YOU AND JULIE have rodent problems, I feel for you that stinks... little piss ants! P.S. I left a comment on the anti-mormon South Park worshiper..... I would like her blog address!

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard the squirrel since I got home yesterday, so hopefully it's dead. I'm seriously going to take it to a taxidermist if I find the body, and then I'll nail it to the roof as a warning to other rodents. You may take our TV and insulation, but I'm going to kill you. Checkmate.

Cheree said...

So – you don’t think those little squirrels are cute any more? I still think they’re cute – but yeah – game over if you try to come into my house/attic/etc!
We have rats that have made our backyard grill their home. NASTY!!! I keep telling Tony to just light the thing up and that’d get rid of them, but he won’t do it. Those buggers are smart too! They eat the cheese/peanut butter off of the traps without setting them off! ARGHH!!

Jenny said...

UGH! I'm with you! I couldn't survive for 2 whole days! Who knew squirrels were so devious?

Simply Sarah *K* said...

It's amazing that they can eat stuff OFF THE TRAP w/o setting it up...I want my $30 back for buying a defunct trap!!!
And Jenn...I will email you the blog address.
Anonymous....hilarious. But nothing is going to be nailed to the roof. That's just gross.

Kelli said...

Ahh, good laugh - "Checkmate."

Krista said...

You sound like Travis, James! We have a pigeon problem here. They won't stay off of our roof so Travis wants to take his bebe gun out there and try to shoot at them. He wants a dead one to stay up there for a bit to warn all the others to stay away!!!

Krista said...

Oh, and I'm feeling for ya about the tv;) That stinks!! Did you miss Medium???

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Yes....I totally missed Medium! James was going to plug in the antenna...but never did because we would have had to unplug the whole computer system?? I dunno....but it would be pointless anyways b/c you can't PAUSE an antenna!!! Hopefully I can watch it on the website or something...so sad.

Big G said...

I am with James... those STUPID PETA people can kiss my you-know-what with all their "humane" solutions! I will send the chipmunks in my yard over to their homes and they can eat through all of their newly planted shrubs, and dig holes through their lawns and see how they like it! At least the chipmunks are outside, that would be TERRIBLE to have them inside like your squirrels. Long live rat poison!

Big G said...

on a lighter note, we were in the book section at Target today and saw all of the Fancy Nancy books plus an A-Z dictionary, then got home and got a target booklet in the mail and they had fancy nancy dress-up clothes in it that is exclusive to Target. I know your girls are fans...just thought I'd pass it along although you may already know that. Ü

Anonymous said...

No, Sarah, we wouldn't have to unplug the computer system. We would just have to unplug the cable, so you wouldn't be able to watch anything from the DVR.

Oh, and I noticed as I was leaving this morning that one of the attic vents was turning the wrong way. The stupid squirrel is still alive and was trying to get out that way. I think we need to make a trip to that feed store on Main to find a new poison. He obviously doesn't like the one I've been using.

Hannah said...

All I can say is... WOW... what excitement... And I agree with James... nail that succor somewhere! CHECKMATE!! Gotta love it! Sarah, your daddy loved shooting pigeons in our LV home... he actually got a few... good thing he didn't get the neighbors!

Ashley said...

Ok, that sucks!! My husband would have been livid! He would have been making pipe bombs or something!!