Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Love Letter: To My Mother

Dear Mom,
Today, for my Sharing Time lesson, as part of my lesson, I passed around a few pictures of the two of us when I was young. I introduced the pictures, saying “This is someone very special to me” and the tears started to fall! I felt like such a goober, bawling in front of my Sunbeams, Stars and CTR 5/6! One child said to me, “You must really love your mommy”, another complimented me with “You look just like your mommy did.” And all I could do was smile thru my tears and say, Yes, I do love my mommy very, very much....and thank you for the compliment, my mommy is very beautiful!
I love it when I look at my life and think, I am just like you. I couldn't ask for a better example! You have been a source of light in my life....constantly guiding me as an infant, a child, a teenager, a young adult, and now I look to that light to learn how to be a mother to my children. I know that life is not easy for you, for any mother.....our responsibilities are numerous and often unrewarding. I hope to live my life and raise my children in a way that you can be proud of us, so that you might see THAT as your reward.
It breaks my heart that we are so far apart! I hope one day we live in a place where we can see each other on a daily basis and my children can see their totally fabulous Gramma whenever they want! One day!
I appreciate you and all that you do, I love you with all of my heart! I hope that this Mother's Day you were treated like the Queen you are!
LOVE, Sarah Ü