Sunday, May 11, 2008

Love Letter: To the Two.


Dearest Isabella Ruth and Aubree Susanna,

On this Mother's Day, I wanted to tell you two how much I love you and how much I enjoy being your mother! I couldn't ask for sweeter children! You make it easy to be a mommy sometimes. I feel that I'm not always the mommy you deserve, though....I let things bother me, I let the world tell me that I don't get enough from being just your mom. Being a mother can seem to be un-rewarding....there are days when I cook for you, clean you, play with you, teach you, keep you busy and what do I get.....what would seem to some as a whole lotta nothin'.....
But deep in my heart, I know this is not true....I know that my "reward" for mothering won't come in the form of money or presents or something I can see...my reward will be in the small things, the things not seen or heard, but sometimes will just be felt. Please look over this fault of mine...for on the outside I may seem disappointed but on the inside I will always know what I am doing for you is important and guided by the Lord. Being a mother may feel unrewarding, but it will never be unfulfilling!
I hope for you on this Mother's Day...that you will know how much you are loved. The love that I feel for you is so true and so deep, you will never find another (maybe your Dad...but I'm still first in line) who will love and care for you as I do. I would do anything for you.....

There is a saying that I love:
Before you were conceived, I wanted you. Before you were born, I loved you. Before you were here an hour, I would give my life for you. This is the miracle of life.

You are my miracles.
LOVE-Mom