Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Thanksgiving day

Today, we spent our "dinner" at Texas de Brazil, a little unconventional but a perfect fit for James and I since for one, we don't like turkey, and for two, we don't like cooking or cleaning Ü. And oh my goodness, did we make the right decision! That was some GOOD food.
The girls enjoyed themselves! I love downtown Ft Worth, lots of green spots for photo ops!They aren't so easy to photograph.....and this is more of a blooper....but I love the way Bella has her hand on Aube's shoulder, she was cracking me up.
Bella wasn't very cooperative....she was quite upset she couldn't get a burger Ü. She did, however love her big blue water cup!
Aube ate almost as much as James and I. I don't blame her though, the meat was seasoned so well, and just melted in your mouth!This was the yummiest of them all....the house special. I don't know the name, of course, but maybe like picante something or other. James' drink of choice....Guarana....a brazillian soda, something he drank alot on his mission.After our wonderful lunch, we went walking around downtown. I wanted to see if we could find the Water Gardens, but they must be closed for the season. Instead, we found a cute little trail that led down to the Trinity River. It was a bit farther away than we expected, so we didnt make it all the way down to the river....but we enjoyed the color of this little path.We tried our hand at a little timer-action. I love the color of fall!!We walked a little more...wanting to go by the big Christmas tree. I was in a picture taking mood, and had to take one of this beauty. It's my favorite building in downtown.The Christmas tree in Sundance Square. I checked out the parade that they are having there, and it looks like fun...something to think about for next year, since I work this year. I love parades! We kept the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade on all morning, and the girls loved it.

We all settled in after getting home, taking long naps and chillaxin'. It felt good to walk around after eating, but we were all pretty worn out.
James and I STILL aren't hungry....so full from our power eating ;). We had planned a nice dinner with Cornish Hens and potatoes....but even thinking of food makes me nauseous!
The girls ate a little...then had themselves a nice pretend dinner. Complete with the turkey they didn't get this year!

8 comments:

Kelli said...

What a beautiful place for pictures! Where was that, with the trees and everything? I still want to steal Bella's shirt. And Guarana, Bryce's brother drinks that, too, he got on it on his mission in Brazil.

Ashley said...

What a fun Thanksgiving, even if it was totally inconventional! I had a Turket burger for lunch and salsa and chips for dinner, so there! Nice pics! One of these years I am gonna go eat at Texas de Brazil!

Krista said...

Those colors are awesome!! It looks so beautiful there! Great pics. And that drink of James' sounds familiar too from Travis talking about his mission. It must be popular down south!!

craftyashley said...

Awesome Thanksgiving!

Julie said...

Cute pictures and your dinner looked YUMMY! Sometimes it's just nice to enjoy the holidays with your own little family and not have to go anywhere. Our Christmas will be like that...

Hannah said...

Hey Sarah! Beautiful pictures and amazing narration/descriptions!! You are so good at writing and expressing your feelings! Wow!! I'm glad you had so much fun with your little family on Thanksgiving. We missed you TERRIBLY!! And wow... I never knew you didn't like turkey?!! Humm... I'll remember that for future dinners together! That steak looks yummy!!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I do like turkey!! Especially YOUR turkey, momma!!! I just wouldn't choose it over steak ;).

And those pictures with the trees were taken on this path that leads from the Water gardens down to the Trinity River Trails place. It was just a chance find...since we'd never been there before! And...to the left off all those pictures is a HUGE cement parking structure ;) I just conveniently left those out!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

James challenged me and I LOST!! It WASN'T the Water Gardens....but HERITAGE PARK. Whoops....we were like a MILE from the Water Gardens ;). Hehe. Oh well...he always wins.