Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Thanksgiving

It's always a bit lonely spending holidays away from family...so we try to make the most of them. This is mainly a selfish attempt...since the girls really have no clue. This year was no exception...we followed the tradition we set up last year for Thanksgiving and made reservations for Texas de Brazil. I love this tradition...mainly because I'm not a cook, I can cook decently...but I don't love it enough to cook a big traditional meal for our small family. It was SO busy there this year...and I even heard a lady remark "I guess no one wants to cook this year"...um, lady...you are here too, ya know! lol.

We parked at James' work in downtown Ft Worth, then walked up to the restaurant. I love this part of it...parking 4-5 blocks away....it's such a pretty downtown area and having to walk back helps to fight the fullness! It also gives me a chance to check out places to take pictures of my kids. I loved this little doorway...with the stars and bricks! (Made me feel better since we weren't able to get family pictures this year, such a bummer)For some reason the pictures turned out with this reddish tint to them...must have been the overhang above us... but I just love the way it looks.
The girls surprised us this year with their healthy appetites, especially Aube. This girl hardly ever eats...but she packed it away on Thursday. Maybe it was the tongs...it's always fun to feed yourself with something different Ü. (The tongs are intended to be used to take your piece of meat from the server when he comes around...*sigh*)
Bella really loves to take pictures...everytime I get the camera out she asks for it. So, I had her take a picture of James and I. It's funny because it looks like I'm about to punch my sweetie. But I wasn't, I promise...at least not THAT day.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and even got pie for dessert! Well...James got pie...I got cake...but to each her own, right? It's the most filling meal we have all year (just as Thanksgiving should be)...we were smarter this year and stopped before we ACHED with fullness.
After we ate...we walked down this short path to take some pictures. We did this last year, too...this year was a bit shorter...since we started to get followed by some homeless guy. As we are walking fast-ly away I am thinking to myself "where is my spirit of Thanksgiving" but my intuition wasn't telling me to stop and give him a dollar. Eeek.
Our attempt at a family-push-the-timer-run-real-fast-10-seconds-later-picture. We took a picture in this same place last year. It's amazing how much my girls have changed!!
Once again...Bella taking some good pics...I consider it good, since both of our head are in the shot!
This is actually a hard shot to take! And James thinks my feet are really small.
But I love all these feet! And I am thankful for each one of their special spirits. And I love that there's a little gap between Bella and Aube for their little brother-to-be (You know....ColtonMerlinEugeneWilburLarryJohn, duh).
And even tho Holidays are hard without extended family to share it with...I'm grateful for my sweet little, growing family and the happiness they give to my heart!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the both pictures of you and James! Bella really can take a picture! And I love that I can see your little preggers belly (just like mine!)

I have to tell you, I've really been slacking on the whole taking pictures and blogging lately. I love my blog and you have officially inspired me to get my act together. So stay tuned!

Bell Family Blog said...

What happened with the whole family picture thing? U were so excited.
What a fun Thanksgiving! I'm so impressed with Bella's pictures, that girls got skills. Guess you know what to get her for Christmas. :)
Love Bella's boots, so cute!

Krista said...

What a yummy Thanksgiving!! Those are awesome pics too!! That is a great family pic! I could totally see that on a Christmas card:)
And I agree with the camera present! I found a regular bright pink one for Kenna for only $40 and it takes a memory card. My mom tried to buy those kiddie ones (which are just as much) and it stunk! I would not recommend them.

Jenni said...

What a fun Thanksgiving and the pictures turned out very nicely.

Ashley said...

great pics! And, yay for Texas de Bra-thanksgiving-zil!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving. And such cute pictures. I can't believe Josh and I have never been to Texas de Brazil. Someday!