Saturday, December 12, 2009

Books, books and more books!

I have this list of "to read" books that is growing by leaps and bounds. And I find it interesting that they are all considered Young Adult books! Odd, yes? I have to admit, one of the reasons I neglected books like Twilight and Harry Potter for so long was because they were Young Adult. I guess I need more sex, gore and intrigue? I dunno (just kidding....kinda). But lately...these are a few that I'm just itching to read (and waiting to buy...yes, this is a subtle ploy for Christmas gifts).

Hunger Games....I hear that most who read it finish it within 24 hours.

I want to read The Lightning Theif because the movie looks so good! lol.
And of course, any book list would be incomplete without a little vampire action. I've heard this series is pretty good...must be, since I can never find it at the library!
And the Vampire Diaries TV show on the CW is intriguing...though the reviews say the book is quite different. Of course, thats what happened with True Blood and Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. Glam sells, so what can you do?
And in other news...Yahoo! Green says that Arlington TX is #1 when it comes to good tap water. Pretty neat....but not neat enough to make me choose tap over bottled. I have an obsession with bottled water!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ooo, I've heard about the Hunger Games--and that is super addicting. Now I have to give it a whirl.

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Can't wait to hear what you think, Jenny...you are like my hero when it comes reading!

Olivia said...

Hunger Games I've heard is awesome. I've read the entire Percy jackson series and I love it. All the old greek mythology turned current is amazing. Marked I'm unsure about. The books are alright but VERY mature for the age group it's written for. There's quite a few sexual scenes that keep it from being higher on my list. The series is somewhat interesting tho. matriarchal society, female goddess, blurs between light and dark. But i'm still very surprised that it's supposed to be for teens. Anyway. Just thought I'd put in my two cents??

Simply Sarah *K* said...

I like your two cents, Olivia! And I didnt realize that about the Marked series until today when a friend and I were talking about it. She mentioned the sex scenes and I was kind of taken a-back b/c its YOUNG ADULT!! I don't need my teenage girls reading crap like that :). It's hard enough for them to stay virtuous these days, hehe!