Tuesday, April 13, 2010

One week old!

We  have officially survived a week...well...the day isn't over, but I'm pretty sure we'll make it Ü. Thanks in large part to my beautiful mother, whom we sent home today (sob). Oh I know, we would have been fine on our own and I'm lucky she was able to come and help out, so many people don't have that. But I have to give her the credit of my sanity...having a third little body in the house makes the brain go in all sorts of crazy directions. We had so much fun with you Mom!!

I think my 'initiation' is officially over (or officially beginning, can't tell...) since within the half hour that I took this picture...Jax explosively pooped on me and my beautiful red couch twice (and yes, it was covered, but he managed to get the spot that was not...it shot that far...I'm thinking of covering everthing in plastic), peed on himself, and then spitup on the both of us. Woohoo.

I surprised myself by laughing.
He's sporting his cute tie shirt made by my talented friend, Shannon. She gave him some ADORABLE shorts to match, but the boy and his chicken legs don't quite fit into anything yet! He even drowns in his Newborn-size clothes!
(Check out her etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/bitsorbobbins)

He's finally gaining his weight back, too. He lost about 9% of his poundage and so we get to go in for weight checks every few days. He was born at 7lbs 10.4 oz...got down to 6lbs 9oz...and is back up to 7lbs 7.5oz as of yesterday. It's amazing what a few ounces will do for a little tyke. Still getting used to him and his tiny self.

He did correct his sleeping pattern, too...for the first few nights, we were up from 10p-4am. But now we sleep and wake up at 3:30a and 6:30a...which I probably just jinxed, doh.
And hallelujiah for breast-pumps and nipple shields (yes, boobies and poopies and peepies are hot topics of conversations these days...). Nursing a baby SUCKS. Sorry LeLeche League, but I've been in constant pain for 7 days. We've finally gotten the hang of it (kinda) but whoa...just whoa.

So there ya go...one week! Eek...I can't believe how fast time has flown.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Well, now that Mama is gone we need to come visit! And thanks for the shout out! haha! He looks dang cute, and his skin is sooo nice!

Lois Brown said...

He is so dang cute! Love the tie onsie! He looks great in it! I can't believe a week has gone by already wow!

Bell Family Blog said...

Shannon makes such cute stuff! Your Mom is so nice, I got to say to her at church and she is great! Im glad u guys are surviving....I hate nursing too! I was never any good at it, more power to ya if you can do it :)

Krista said...

Oh, you are making me look forward to what I have in store for me!! :) A boy is definitely going to be interesting! He's such a cutie Sarah!

Cheree said...

Awww - so cute!!!

Jenni said...

He already looks kind of like his sisters! Aww!

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

Very cute shirt! His skin and brown eyes are so pretty. Maybe Jamie and I can come over for a play-date soon!

Carol Swift said...

What a cutie!

Colton Anne said...

I love his shirt and he is so cute too by the way! I'm always sore with nursing mine in the beginning it will dwindle soon hopefully for ya! I suggest NOT using the shield though if you can, he will only get attached to it more than to you and it makes harder for adjustments later. I hope things go ok for you.

Christina said...

Oh heavens....you just made me flashback to my "nursing" days. I have failed 3 times....so I am really hoping that this one will be different! I am already armed with breastpump and shields! LLL people are liars when they tell you nursing doesn't hurt! Liars I say! It isn't always rainbows and butterflies for everyone!
He sure is one handsome lil devil! Enjoy that peanut!