Monday, September 26, 2011

The weekend goings-on.

This weekend was truly a blessing. I don't know what I did to deserve such a great two days, but I appreciate it and I hope it keeps on keeping on!
Saturday in the a.m. I was able to attend a baby shower for a lovely little lady. I truly enjoy being around her and this little group of friends. They make me smile! And we got to help create this awesome alphabet artwork. So genius! {and getting to craft and chat....too fun!}

Then, a few hours after the shower, I was able to attend a sealing for a couple in our ward. It was amazing to see these two people, who had worked SO hard to give their lives a 180, have the opportunity to be sealed for time and all eternity. Truly amazing...the Spirit that was felt in that room was so strong. I felt very lucky to be in attendance. And to top it off....I could look over at my mom, sitting next to me.
I still cannot believe I get to see her  {and dad, and Hannah, and Bubba} on a regular basis!

Then, an hour after the sealing....we were able to attend the Relief Society broadcast.
It was fantastic....and I will never forget Pres Uchtdorf's talk.

Sunday rolled around....and it was the day of the Primary Presentation....the Sacrament meeting where the Primary kids get to share with their parents and other members what they've been learning.

But before the presentation....our Primary president was released....
Crazy, huh?
She just so happened to be the new Bishop's wife, so she couldn't hold such a demanding calling, since being a bishop's wife is hard enough.
Which meant I was released as first counselor.....
and then called as the Primary president.
Crazy, huh??
Totally.

But I'm so excited for this new adventure!

The presentation went beautifully....the kids did a great job, I'm so proud of them {for pulling it together, ha! I was a little worried....just a smidge}. We had planned a little surprise for them and the congregation during the last song: Army of Helaman. We had them all pin on little missionary nametags and then they started singing.....THEN during the first chorus, the Youth walked up to the front of the chapel and started singing. It was a sight to behold!
"....we are as the Army of Helaman....we have been taught in our youth....and we will be the Lord's missionaries, to bring the world His truth...."
Amazing.


Then I ate chips and took a nap.
The weekend was complete.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Love love love it!! You are gonna be the best primary president ever! (and did you make that forget me not clip art? So purdy!)

Bell Family Blog said...

Wow sounds like a Great weekend and a Great program! Wish I could have seen it! That's so awesome Sarah! You're going to make an amazing President, those are some lucky Primary kids!!!

Jen B. said...

That's awesome Sarah! :) I have to concur with the ladies above me.. You're going to be a great Primary President! So awesome :) Glad you had such a great weekend.

craftyashley said...

That is such a perfect fit for you, my crafty cousin. You'll do great. Those primary children are so lucky.

Jenni said...

Aww, that sounds fabulous.

Danielle said...

seriously, congrats on the new calling. i believe in you. :)

that talk was so incredible. i am SO glad i went.

and i loved seeing you this weekend. for reals, lets get together soon.

Julie{isCocoandCocoa} said...

You're going to be amazing! Sounds like a great weekend. And I love the clip art, too.

Julie said...

Congrats on your calling. You will be great at it! Love the "flash mob" (sorta) idea with the youth in your primary program. I love the primary program each year!