Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas y'all

From the great snowy north!
We were lucky enough to be able to spend our Christmas vacation in Minnesnowta. We drove the 16 hours and got here on Saturday night. It was quite the drive, keeping kids {Jax} entertained! But it's always worth it when we are greeted with such happiness.

Our Christmas Day was great! Its so fun living vicariously thru your kids, feeling the excitement. We got the kids some rad presents, IMHO. (<---learned that acronym during a game, hah) James had a blast picking out boy toys for Jax. The boy is in heaven (and Jax too!).
And as for the girls, well, we got them a doll we never thought we would! Bah! We love America :X ....
Anyways....presents aside!!! It's so fun....all the things we GET! I will be the first to admit that I LOVE getting gifts....especially when your husband listens to you and gets you and iPad (that's being funny about connecting to the wifi, boo!!). But it's not all about that, of course....
I'm so thankful our Savior was born.
I'm so thankful we can celebrate his birth by spending time with family, by thinking about His life and making new promises to ourselves to be more like Him.
I'm so thankful that He loves us enough to let us have a new year to start afresh!

These few days between Christmas and New Years I always tend to start thinking about the cliche of resolutions. I feel like
I shouldn't just wait till January to find ways to better myself....but hey, here we are again...creeping up on January. Time to dust off the journal and get things back on track!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

merry little christmas to y'all!!!

(you didn't know IMHO??)