Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hannah's performance

After Jaxson's birthday party, my sister and I joined the parentals at Hannah's last WinterGuard competition. Sadly...I had never been to one before! I meant to and meant to...it just never happened.
I'm SO glad I went to this one...
Hannah doesn't know it, but she's super talented. And I'm not just saying that because I'm her sister.
She's the one there in front with the flag.
You can tell as she dances across the floor that she is lovely and graceful.
{OK, maybe I said THAT because I'm her sister}
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I'm so very proud of her!!
Their performance was so beautiful. I couldn't hold back the tears...it was such an emotional moment. We've been going thru a lot with her, and watching her just made me wish with all my wishes that she KNEW how beautiful she is. Maybe one day.
 photo IMGP6458_zps98a8aa3a.jpg
They ended the performance by singing.
I wish I had written down the song they performed/sang!
And look at that floor! Just gorgeous!
 photo IMGP6462_zpsd195e25c.jpg
I had never been to a competition like this before!
So when we passed the group of judges, separated off by caution tape...I snickered a bit. Such serious people...and all talking to themselves! {errrr, into tape recorders, but still...} photo IMGP6463_zps1e4b9c39.jpg
Hannah has talked about not doing guard next year {she's trying out for drum major}...hopefuly if she has a choice, she will be on the team again. She loves to dance so much!
So proud of my Hannah!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I met your sister, she is in my group for girls camp. At the time I didn't know she was your sister though. She was a rock star at our meeting, had great suggestions and really will be an awesome YCL this year! What a fabulous girl.....this looks like an amazing performance.

Jen B. said...

I am so glad you got to go see her!! I wish I lived there so i could watch! But Matti Free? posted a video of it on her FB page!

Love you!

Danielle said...

so cool!!